Welcome! Join Maine’s best photo tours for a fulfilling, educational, travel experience.
2023 dates are posted and all programs are open for sign ups.
Photography Program Options:
- One-Day Tours– Click here for an overview. Six to choose from, most reoccurring through the season, except The Great Schooner Race, and Hours of Flowers are only offered once.
- Multi-Day Tours – Click here for an overview.
- 3-day, My Island Trio, Aug. 17, 18, 19 (page coming soon)
- 4-day, Lighthouse Sailing Adventure, June 20-24
- 6-Day, Vinalhaven Island Workshop, Sept. 4-9
- 8-Day, Fall Foliage: Waterfalls & Covered Bridges, Oct. 8-15
- Live-Online Classes – Click here for more info.
- Jan. 5, Understanding Your Digital Camera
- Jan. 16, Lightroom Classic Software
- Apr. 6, Vision & Composition
- Private Coaching/Mentoring – (Live, or Live-Online) build new skills, receive feedback, inspiration, motivation, and accountability. Here’s more info.
Come join Coastal Maine Photo Tours to expand your photography skills while exploring the culture, history, and landscape of Maine. I’ll take you to some of the most spectacular locations on the Maine coast, and beyond. Combine photography education with a travel adventure and you get an unforgettable experience that helps to make this Maine’s best photo tours.
Choices include both land and sea excursions, coastal or mountain, landscape or city. Tours are one day or multi-day adventures, and group sizes are small. You’ll be met at your skill level so any camera types are welcome, including iPhone & smartphone cameras, and tablets.
Sometimes it is possible to shift tour dates. Call if you don’t see what you need. It’s worth a try. In the meantime, you can sign up for my newsletter in the left column of this page.
The Soul of the Company…..
At Coastal Maine Photo Tours, there is only one person running this company. That person is me, Dee Peppe. My goal is to offer you the best possible experience from start to finish. I’ve designed all the tours by scouting and researching. I manage this website with constant updates. I answer your calls and your emails. I’ll receive your registration and then I will lead you on your photo tour adventure. This extraordinary customer service experience helps to make this Maine’s best photo tours with 5 star reviews.
I’m always excited to see where photography will lead me next as I scout out new, potential tour locations. I like to put something new on the schedule every year because I’m considering the possibilities to where photography can take you, both in adventure and in creativity. There are many more fabulous places to explore in Maine and beyond.
I am a longtime local, fine-art photographer and professor at the University of Maine. I bring a unique combination of local knowledge and teaching experience to the itinerary of every tour. While covering camera techniques, I strive to show you ways to expand your vision and increase your awareness of your surroundings. I will help you understand the camera controls that can support your vision, and overall, to help you to see the world through your camera with more creative ability. You can sample my exhibition work by going to Dee’s Gallery.