Let’s go sailing!
June 20-24, 2023
Join me on this 4-day photography sailing adventure aboard one of the areas finest sailing schooners, Mary Day. On this schooner cruise photo tour, the lighthouses are a means to a destination, but there is so much more. Long summer days bring plenty of photography opportunities on the boat and off.
- Seabirds & marine wildlife
- Sunsets & sunrises (if you can get up early enough, 4:30am)
- Spruce covered islands & rocky shorelines
- Beautiful scenery with views of the Camden Hills and Acadia National Park
My tours are always based on an experience – this photography sailing adventure is both land and sea.
- How about a hike on an uninhabited island, a nature preserve, or a lobster picnic on a deserted beach?
- Visit a remote fishing village, or historic coastal town.
- Onboard possibilities include; relaxing to the rhythm of the wind
and waves, taking a turn at the wheel, helping raise & trim the sails, or learning maritime navigation.
- Evening anchorages will provide a night sky display that you may never have seen before. Best on the east coast.
- There’s always the chance for a refreshing dip in the bay.
- And we will eat like queens and kings.
- Photo Fee: $500, cancellation policy is 7 weeks before the cruise. I will open the photo registration after Jan. 1. Please contact me in the meantime to let me know that you are booking your cabin on the boat.
- Boat Fee: starts at $1148, must book with Mary Day, cancellation policy is 6 weeks before the cruise.
- Board the boat on Tuesday June 20, 4pm or later (we leave the dock the next morning).
- Return on Saturday, June 24 around 11:00am.
I scouted out this tour in 2021 and didn’t get my listing out early enough to run it in 2022 because Mary Day fills her bunks early in the previous season. Mary Day has begun accepting reservation for the 2023 season. Let’s go sailing!
To learn more about the Mary Day. I recommend watching the video on this web page. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/
To get a peek at the accommodations. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/tour-the-schooner
To get a sense of what a day is like aboard the boat. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/a-day-in-the-life
Specifics about the Lighthouse Cruise:
Click this link then scroll down to the 5th listing on that web page. Click on Book Now for info on cabin rates plus more cruise info. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/cruise-descriptions