June 20-24, 2023
Join me on this 4-day photography sailing adventure aboard one of the areas finest sailing schooners, Mary Day. On this schooner cruise photo tour, the lighthouses are a means to a destination, but there is so much more. Long summer days bring plenty of photography opportunities on and off the boat.
- Seabirds & marine wildlife
- Sunsets & sunrises (if you can get up early enough, 4:30am)
- Spruce covered islands & rocky shorelines
- Beautiful scenery with views of the Camden Hills and Acadia National Park
My photo tours are always based on an experience. This Maine photography sailing adventure is both land and sea.
- How about a hike on an uninhabited island, a nature preserve, or a lobster picnic on a deserted beach?
- Visit a remote fishing village, or historic coastal town.
- Onboard possibilities include; relaxing to the rhythm of the windand waves, taking a turn at the wheel, helping raise & trim the sails, or learning maritime navigation.
- Evening anchorages will provide a night sky display that you may have never seen before. Best on the east coast.
- There’s always the chance for a refreshing dip in the bay.
- And we will eat like queens and kings.
- Photo Fee: $650. This fee has been updated from the original advertised rate from summer ’22.
- Cancellation policy is 7 weeks before the cruise. See below.
- Boat Fee: starts at $1148, must book with Mary Day, cancellation policy is 6 weeks before the cruise.
- Contact me to let me know that you are booking your cabin on the boat.
- Board the boat on Tuesday June 20, 4pm or later (we leave the dock the next morning).
- Return on Saturday, June 24 around 11:00am.
About the Schooner:
Mary Day fills her bunks early and has begun accepting reservation for the 2023 season. Don’t delay!
- I recommend watching the video on this web page. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/
- To get a peek at the accommodations. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/tour-the-schooner
- To get a sense of what a day is like aboard the boat. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/a-day-in-the-life
Specifics about the Lighthouse Cruise:
Click the below link then scroll down to the 5th listing on that web page. Click on Book Now for info on cabin rates plus more cruise info. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/cruise-descriptions
Go to this website and click on June 20 for their availability. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/sailing-calendar, or call (800) 992-2218. Please note that the schooner’s cancellation policy applies when booking your cabin with them.
PHOTO TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY:
- I will give a complete refund if I need to cancel the tour for any reason.
- If you cancel your registration more than 50 days before the start of the event, your tour fee will be refunded to you, minus a $95 processing fee.
- If you cancel 49- 31 days before the start of the event, 50% of your tour fee (which will include the processing fee) will be refunded.
- If you need to cancel 30 days or less from the start of the tour, your tour fee (minus a $95 processing fee) will be refunded only if we are able to fill your slot in the program.
- To cancel you must contact me to activate the cancellation and to make sure the refund goes through properly.
- I suggest that you consider travel insurance.