July 14-18, 2024
Join me on this 4-day photography sailing adventure aboard one of the finest schooners sailing Penobscot Bay, Mary Day. On this schooner cruise photo tour, the direction of the wind will determine our destination. Long summer days bring plenty of photography opportunities on and off the boat.
- Seabirds & marine wildlife
- Sunsets & sunrises (if you can get up early enough, 4:30am)
- Spruce covered islands & rocky shorelines
- Beautiful scenery with views of the Camden Hills and Acadia National Park
Photo fee will update soon. Check below for more photo details, info about possible activities, and details about the boat and their fee, but definitely check out the video on this web page now, https://www.schoonermaryday.com/.
Schooner Mary Day has begun accepting reservations for the 2024 season. If you are at all interested in this opportunity I suggest that you book your cabin now (see below). The photo portion of your adventure can be booked after January 1, 2024.
NOTE:This is bay sailing amongst the islands. Sometimes there can be some chop, but no ocean waves and wakes. Call if you have concerns and would like to discuss this.
“Each stop along the coast was beautiful (even with some cloudy weather), and the photos I was able to take during the tour were amazing.” – Eron D.
You will be met at your skill level with guidance to build on your camera-handling techniques. I’ll review your images throughout the day to offer tips on seeing and composition. Finding the strengths in your vision is important to set a foundation to grow upon. I will offer exercises in seeing, there will be group discussions, and hopefully a finale slide show of every one’s best images. Discussions will be based on the skill level of the group. There will be something for everyone.
“Dee was quick to praise a good eye, quick to show us how to take the best advantage of a moment or a scene and ready with answers to all our questions.” – Pamela F.
Coastal Maine Photo Tours are always based on an experience.
This Maine photography sailing adventure is both land and sea.
- How about a hike on an uninhabited island, a nature preserve, or a lobster picnic on a deserted beach?
- Visit a remote fishing village, or historic coastal town.
- Onboard possibilities include; relaxing to the rhythm of the wind and waves, taking a turn at the wheel, helping raise & trim the sails, or learning maritime navigation.
- Evening anchorages will provide a night sky display that you may have never seen before. Best on the east coast.
- There’s always the chance for a refreshing dip in the bay.
- And we will eat like queens and kings.
Photo Fee: Check back
Cancellation policy is 7 weeks before the cruise date. See below.
Boat Fee: starts at $1265, must book with Mary Day, cancellation policy is 8 weeks before the cruise.
Contact me to let me know that you are booking your cabin on the boat.
Board the boat on Sunday, July 14, 4pm or later (we leave the dock the next morning).
Return on Thursday, July 18 around 11:00am.
About the Schooner:
Mary Day fills her bunks early and has begun accepting reservation for the 2024 season. Don’t delay!
- (Same video as posted above.) I recommend watching the video on this web page. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/
- To get a peek at the accommodations. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/tour-the-schooner
- To get a sense of what a day is like aboard the boat. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/a-day-in-the-life
Specifics about your Photography Sailing Adventure:
Click the below link then scroll down to the 2nd listing on that web page (4-day Cruise). Click on Book Now for info on cabin rates plus more cruise info. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/cruise-descriptions
Go to this website and click on July 14 for their availability. https://www.schoonermaryday.com/sailing-calendar, or call (800) 992-2218 if you don’t see what you need. Please note that the schooner’s cancellation policy applies when booking your cabin with them.
PHOTO TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY:
- I will give a complete refund if I need to cancel the tour for any reason.
- If you cancel your registration more than 50 days before the start of the event, your tour fee will be refunded to you, minus a $95 processing fee.
- If you cancel 49- 31 days before the start of the event, 50% of your tour fee (which will include the processing fee) will be refunded.
- If you need to cancel 30 days or less from the start of the tour, your tour fee (minus a $95 processing fee) will be refunded only if we are able to fill your slot in the program.
- To cancel you must contact me to activate the cancellation and to make sure the refund goes through properly.
- I suggest that you consider travel insurance.