Getting to Know Your Digital Camera
This photography class is an introduction to your DSLR, mirrorless, or smaller cameras that have manual settings. You will learn the dials and buttons, exposure modes, lens; focus techniques and focal length, exposure settings; ISO, shutter speed, aperture, menu items, file size, white balance, and the basics of how a camera records an image. Learning how to navigate your camera’s owners manual will assist you in the future when you need to learn something new about your camera. After taking this course you will enjoy making images with a sense of confidence in your camera handling abilities. Download this for a peek at what will be covered.
DATE: Course is currently running. No future dates are scheduled at this time. Call, text, or email to be put on a list to be notified, or sign up for the newsletter in the left column, or call about a private lesson.
- 5 student max
- 1.5 – 2 hours each session
- 4 consecutive weeks
- 15 – 20 minute private pre-course meeting with each student
- and a 30 min private follow-up within 2 weeks of completion of course
- all meetings times are in Eastern Time Zone
Course Cancellation Policy:
I am excited that you would like to expand your photography skills. To deliver the best possible experience for you, enrollment is very limited in each of the courses. Once you have registered for a class your commitment is important. However, I do understand that life brings surprises, so I tried to work out a fair refund policy.
- I will give a complete refund if I need to cancel a course for any reason.
- If you need to cancel a course for any reason:
- 30 days or more before the date and time the course begins, you will receive a full refund minus a 10% service fee.
- 14- 29 days before, you will receive a 50% refund.
- 13 days or less, there is no refund however I will credit 50% of your course fee towards a private session.
- no refund or credit will be made after the start of the first class.
How to cancel your registration:
If you must cancel your course, it is required that you do so in writing. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure that you receive a reply, otherwise your cancellation email may have not been received on my end.
If you miss a class, I will do my best to offer you a shorter make-up session, but I can not guarantee it.