This Hours of Flowers Photo Tour will take you to some of the best private and public gardens in the region. If you want to challenge your photographic vision, then this Photo Tour is perfect for you. Whether you are composing a singular flower, a whole flowerbed, or the entire garden, you will learn how to best utilize your camera equipment and expand your personal vision to create extraordinary images.
July 9, 2023 (date changed from originally listed)
9:00am-4:00pm: Meeting location will be either Camden or Rockland and will be determined a day or two before the tour.
Rates: Adults 17+ = $149, Ages 16 and under = $95, and must be accompanied by an adult.
Payment is by cash, check if registering early enough, or book online for an additional fee.
Possible locations on Hours of Flowers include local gardens both public and private including; backyards, community gardens, hard to find nature centers, shade, herb, or rock gardens, professionally designed beds, native and heirloom plants, or themed gardens.
Lessons On Location:
- You’ll receive tips and techniques to guide you in creating interesting and unique images of flowers and nature.
- Concentrating on camera creativity, group discussions will include addressing sharpness, depth of field, focal length, and exposure.
- We will look at how color can enhance contrast, rhythm and unity.
- Learn how the direction of light controls shape, form and texture.
- Review of your images will illustrate composition principals; pattern, balance, and design techniques such as point of view and framing.
Cancellation Policy – I will give a complete refund in the event that I need to cancel a tour for any reasons. If you need to cancel and do so with 48 hours or more notice from the date and time of your tour you will receive a full refund. If you cancel in less than 48 hours from your tour date and time a 50% refund of your tour fee will be given.
Once you have registered you will receive further information about the tour. Please call or email if you have any immediate questions.